• Traftar returns from scouting and finds his prized winter-wolf pelts missing.
• Sandru finds that the blacksmith has turned the pelts into a pair of magical boots. After first trying to distract the smith with bardic music (and failing), he then considers trading his adamantine mandolin, before resorting to playing on the smith’s compassion. Finally, he manages to re-purchase the skins, now made into boots. Sandru gives the pelts-turned-boots to Traftar, who takes them and promptly throws them back to Sandru.
• The Spivey and Youxia form a plan to take the dragon egg to the surface of the glacier and return it to the dragon, though Spivey is far more interested in destroying the egg.
• The group head to the surface of the glacier to deal with the dragon. Apart from Ignatius who is tired and cranky and finds a place to rest after making a deal to rid the village of the dragon for a caravan load of cooking-supplies.
• The dragon egg is placed on the sacrificial alter of the wind spirits. Traftar magically illuminates the dragon egg and he and Sandru head back down to get some much-needed rest, while Senja, Shaelelu and Spivey stay to keep watch.
• The plan works surprisingly quickly, and the dragon is spotted approaching from the North. Shalelu sends Senja back down to the village.
• Senja has trouble rousing the grumpy Ignatius from his sleep, who threatens to roast the person banging at his door. Spivey magically commands Ignatius to follow, preventing the fiery outburst (temporarily).
• Meanwhile, Shalelu is spotted while spying on the dragon. The dragon recovers her lost egg, and then charges at the elf. Dragon-fear and self preservation kick in a burst of adrenaline and the elf manages to avoid becoming a dragon snack, by leaping down the tunnel to the village. The dragon breathes down the narrow tunnel, blasting the hapless elf and propelling her towards the village. Shalelu escapes with 3rd degree frostbite and bragging of her survival.
• The party declare to the villagers that the dragon is not likely to return now that it has recovered its egg, and are once again hailed as heroes.
Jade Regent - The journey to Tian Xi
Fry, Scramble, or Treasure Hunt?